Have you ever wondered what the heck Beauty Pie is? Embrace yourself, here comes the recipe!
It’s stunning to look at, it’s delicious, it’s packed with essential nutritions and it’s completely gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free. Sounds to good to be true? We thought so too when we first came across its recipe on one of our favourite food-inspiration websites IQuitSugar so we had to make it to prove that healthy dessert doesn’t mean blahhh and boring. Actually, it turned out so good Aline served it at her birthday party.
It’s super easy to bake too, it’ll take around 15 minutes to prepare the batter and then just 35-40 minutes in the oven. Are there any down points? Well, like anything with nuts, it’s pretty expensive (count on at least 30€) and it does contain quite a lot of sweetener, so we won’t recommend eating it for breakfast everyday, but rather save it for some celebratory occasions.
- 350g raw almonds, soaked in warm water for at least 1 hour
- 250g raw shelled pistachio
- 120ml rice malt syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 125g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Coconut whipped cream (or any other cream of your choice)
- Extra raspberries and pistachios, to sprinkle
Here’s how you make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm round baking tin.
2. Place the pistachios in a food processor and process until a fine flour which resembles the texture of breadcrumbs.
3. Add the drained raw almonds and process until all evenly combined and fine (around five minutes).
Like this post? Stay tuned for more. Find out latest beauty news, trends and tips on Beauty Pie’s Facebook page. We have fun – join us!