Who has the most beautiful skin ever? The answer is obvious – dermatologists! Last weekend we went to a trade show organized by Swedish Beauticians National Organisation (SHR) and scouted ladies with the perfect skin. We took their pictures and asked them to tell us in every detail what they do to achieve such remarkable results. Here are the answers by women from Nimue, Caudalie and Sisley:
Helena, Dermatologist representing Nimue.
According to Helena, the most important thing when it comes to skincare is effective cleansing. It is the fundament on which you build the house for healthy, luminous skin that will age slowly and with style. In Helena’s opinion, three things that any girl should have in her arsenal are:
- good moisturizer
- a product that keeps up cells’ renewal
- and a sun block
Helena uses a whole bunch of products – look at her skin, it’s virtually flawless! So if you are a fan of Alpha Hydroxy Acids and multi-steps routines, here’s a program for you:
- Nimue, Cleansing Gel (two times a day: morning and evening). Recommended for all skin types. Contains AHA and E-vitamin.
- Nimue, Conditioner (apply in the evening with the help of gauze for a light exfoliation). Also contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid.
- Nimue, Eye Treatment (everyday: morning and evening, before your moisturizer). Helena says it’s important to take extra care of the skin around your eyes as this is the area where ageing process begin.
- Nimue, Moisturizer Plus. Night cream that gives enough moisture even to dry skin and has anti-ageing properties.
- Nimue, Moisturizer Lite. Day cream 3-in-1: moisturizes, nourishes and protects your skin. It’s rich in antioxidants and helps the skin to absorb moisture from the environment.
- Nimue, Sun-C, SPF 40. On top of everything, just before you put your make-up on. Don’t even think about leaving your home without a sun screen. Unless you wanna have more of those nasty wrinkles.
- Nimue, Active Lotion (every other evening). Apply it under Moisturizer Plus to give your skin an extra dose of AHA and sky-rocket the healing processes.
- Nimue, Alpha Lipoic Activator (every other night, when you don’t use Active Lotion). Intensive treatment to slow down skin ageing, prevent inflammations and reduce pores’ size.
- Nimue, Exfoliating Enzyme (two times a week). Contains enzymes from papaya and pineapple, which help to remove dead skin cells, leaving your face feeling smoother and looking healthier.
Felicia, PR Manager for Caudalie in Sweden
If the regime above is way too complicated for you, try this less high-tech and more natural one. Felicia says that she doesn’t buy her cosmetics by the looks and scents anymore. It’s very important for her to actually purchase something that will give visible results. And hopefully, immediately. She prefers natural, environment-friendly products and the companies who give back to nature and society. Luckily enough, one of the brands she represents in Sweden is French wine-yard legend Caudalie. Here’re the essentials you need to try. Like now!
- Caudalie, Instant Foaming Cleanser (two times a day: morning and evening). It contains red grape and sage extract to give you pure and radiant skin.
- Caudalie, S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum (apply daily under your moisturizer). Provides deep rehydration even to the most dehydrated skin types.
- Caudalie, Moisture Recovery Cream. Suitable as both Day and Night Cream. An easy solution for those of you who believe that less is more.
- Caudalie, Beauty Elixir. This treatment tightens pores and brightens the complexion. Felicia loves to spray it on her face through-out the day to fight office stress and give the skin a fresh start.
Cornelia, Dermatologist representing Sisley
Cornelia’s hand-picked skincare routine from Sisley varies depending on the needs of her skin, the season and many other factors. It sounded quite mysterious so we suspected it was secret. Nevertheless, Cornelia shared with us her top-3 products that make her look this gorgeous:
- Sisley, Botanical D-Tox. An intensive month long night treatment designed to re-energize skin cells and eliminate toxins. At the end of the treatment period you’ll have a brighter complexion, radiant skin and less signs of fatigue.
- Sisley, Eye Contour Mask. Two-three times a week, apply a thick layer on the eye contour and eyelids, allow to remain on the skin for 10 minutes, then wipe away the excess without rinsing. This cult product from Sisley gives immediate visible results, reducing both puffiness and dark circles.
- Sisley, SisleyYouth. 24h cream to apply on a clean and dry skin (maintains moisture at the optimal level for up to eight hours). It’s an anti-ageing treatment to use from the age of 25. It combats the first signs of ageing as it helps to reduce the first wrinkles and improve the tone of the skin.
These products will definitely make it to Beauty Pie’s next Wishlist. We would have already started with all of them if they weren’t so much over our budget (total cost is over 300€). In the meanwhile we’re just following Corneila’s advice and trying to thoroughly clean our faces at least twice a day, use creams that specifically target each of our problem areas, try not to forget sun screen and drink at least 1-1,5 litres of water each day.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more. Find out latest beauty news, trends and tips on Beauty Pie’s Facebook Page. We have fun – join us!